Apr 13, 2009

Madeline - White Flag


True Life: I take measures to ensure my balance on a New York Subway
"Oh is it rude to hold two separate bars? The one above the seats, and the middle pole? I didn't think it was rude... I'm just balancing myself, and reinforcing that balance. If I only held onto one, I would move as a hinge at the herpe jerky motion of the subway. I know its a crowded subway, and most people aren't even getting one form of balance and are using their sandwiched nature to maintain that balance, making for an unpleasant ride, and a popular way to avoid eye contact with strangers... but I'm really in no one's way. I actually got out of people's way to be in this position. I was standing here, then Lorimer stop (STOP) came- and instead of standing in a wide stance with my back parallel to the doorway, I am now perpendicular creating space for others- who if they also choose to stand perpendicular- would allow up to 3 people to hold bar, but the lady is in parallel so she's going to take up that space and most of mine. So now- I have to scuttle more to the middle for her head top is in direct line to my nose. As moving to the middle I find the center pole directly in front of me, and now my reward for creating space is a double helping of balance! But I look and I see people off balance and remember where I came from- that sense of being flopped and a stranger using you as a lean machine (lean machine - n- for toots taught tine to lean pon whooch whench chench miracksloosly). Its a humbling sense of entitlement, and a comfort in knowing I am minalmally bumping into people who would do the same exact thing. I think everyone is happy for me if I cared to notice how people are feeling. Also that young man is sitting to wide with his legs spread past his shoulders, thats a nope-no."



bees with beards with mous'trash'ed harps: Jive Talking

Hot Topics in Obama Dog Legacy: its jealous of shoulders

No comments: