Jun 7, 2010

Review: Facebook: Movies: The Ninth Configuration


Previously and sleevelessly I discussed the merits of adding a new movie to one's facebook movie profile listing. Now I present the conundrum of adding a old movie. An old cult movie. An old cult movie that already has a fervent fan base but has not yet accrued annoyingly die hard fans (much like Die Hard fans).

So, not only does The Ninth Configuration have an eye-popping title that'll be the talk of your facebook favorite movies, it also has a bunch of credibility based on being an awesome movie. Non-sequitur comical farce? Check. The examination and questioning of faith and of one's god? Chuck. Blackface, violence, and Stacy Keach acting circles around? Chick, chack, chock. The Ninth Configuration was William Peter Blatty's follow-up to The Exorcist, and he still touches on unknown, mysterious, life-beyond. But with The Ninth Configuration he just makes the first half of the movie as funny as the plot deems- new psychologist in a castle full of ex marines trying to figure out who is crazy and who is faking it to get out of battle. Then there's a turning point. A good turning point, a strong turning point your mother would love and ask you to invite over more, and always ask you about. She would always wash her hands and come into the living room when this turning point would come over.

Big butt but, how pretentious is it to like a movie from 1980 after only seeing it once? Maybe it is more pretentious to worry about it? Maybe it is more pretentious to blog about it. Blogs are redundant like that. No, but my point is: I saw this movie once, and loved it. Other movies in my Facebook profile movie list I have all seen multiple times, and have an emotional attachment to and therefore feel justified in saying they are my favorite. I already watched Ninth Configuration and in means of moderation, won't feel like watching so for another 2 to 3 months? Maybe if I said a definite 2 months with plans to watch it, I would put it in my Facebook favorite movies- but I said 2 to 3.

So basically, this blog post is self serving as reminder for me to watch Ninth Configuration again, and once done so- to put it in my favorite movies on Facebook. Also you should watch it. Also you should take out some movies in your Facebook profile. You know which ones. Its a truth contest, not cool profile contest, isn't it? Am I using Facebook right? (no I am not)

No comments: