Jul 29, 2010

Review: The 1st verse of 'Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" by Busta Rhymes

Twenty Ten.
Hot shit.
Check it out.

So this post isn't to take any of the accomplishments made by Busta Bust- I mean he helped make it acceptable to say woo hah, he was in a resurrection of the Halloween move franchise (Halloween: Ressurection), and he was the third best part of 'I Love My Chick' after Kellis and Will.He.Be. But- honestly- in 'Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See' I don't get him. Is he trying to be funny, or fundamentally ironic or something?

Hit you with no delayin so what you sayin yo
Silly with my nine milly what the deally yo
When I be on the mic yes I do my duty yo
-OK first three lines here: all end in Yo. One you're allowed, and you used it right away. 2, you say what the deally yo a lot, that's great I'm not mad. 3- You just added yo. We wanna keep things rhymey so we can bust them, but you just added Yo. That's not busting rhymes, that's taking the easy way out. Taykin E-Z WayOw is how you would spell that name that you deserve. There's more.

Wild up in the club like we wylin the studio
You don't want to violate nigga really and truly-o
-You used studio, an actual word that fits. Trying to build up your credit. Next line: you cashed it all in again by simply adding O. You know who does that? People who can't rap.

My main thug nigga named Julio he moodio
Type of nigga that'll slap you with the toolio
Bitch nigga scared to death ask fruity-o
Fuck that look at shorty she a little cutie-o
The way she shake it make me want to get all in the booty yo
-All the first verse is- o sounds so the listener knows when a line is done. Also I don't think you have an acquaintance named Julio. If you did, he wouldn't want to be part of a song where you invent a word to describe him to keep up with your rhyme scheme. Nevermind that the made up word is already a word just with -io at the end, making it not a good made up word, but your actual name fits within the rhyme scheme and Busta doesn't use it to the full potential. That being said- the next three lines rhyme without the o. Fruity, Cutie, Booty. But you've made your bed, you're lying in it, your ass sweat causes the sheets to cling to your body. Also you're a rapper and you used booty in your song. You're lucky this was 1997.

Tap mistresses and bangin bitches in videos
Wild up in my freak like we up in the freak shows
Hit you with the shit make you feel it all in your toes
Hot shit got all you niggas in wet clothes
Stylin my metaphores when I formulate my flows
If you don't know you're fuckin with the real player pros (like that)
-You're using real words now- great. Just great. I can argue that saying freak and freak show in the same line is redundant, but I'm impressed with your ability to rhymes Toes and Wet Clothes. 2 of my favorite visuals. But when you say Styling my Metaphors when I formulate my Flows, is that the excuse you are giving for adding -o to most of the lines in the first verse? They were a product of styled and formulated flows? You answer my question saying that I am fucking with the real player pros, but I don't see a downfall to fucking with (again redundant) real player pros. What is the ultimatum you are giving me- and what is the purpose of the song? Like what?

Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See is a necessary evil title/chorus. It paved the way for much stupider instructions (like Leaning Back) in rap songs, and it made us think that Busta Rhymes had a hand fetish. The second verse is better- out of the 24 lines- he ends them with the word us in 8 of them, that 25%. Luckily he found out about adjectives. Adjectives such as: curious, mysterious, murderous, serious, victorious, marvelous, yea you get the picture. You get the picture so much that Busta Rhymes is a multi-millionaire from it. Like I said, er, implied, he's a fun guy. He was on arguably the best song on the Space Jam soundtrack. He was sent back in time by William Shakespeare on Celebrity Death He's friends enough with Space Ghost (note this clip sucks, but it the only one on Youtube). He just needs to apply himself like he did on Iz They Wildin Wit Us and Gettin Rowdy Wit Us?

I look forward to hearing his response.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Can we take into consideration the video for this song? how about that fish eye lens?