May 14, 2010

Review: LeBron James


Do I fault myself for believing the hype? No. The hype has always been there and was always backed up. I just feel... and the ellipsis is there for dramatical reasons... cheated. This was supposed to be the LeBron James year. The best player in the game wins a championship--- and we all say "no duh- the best player in the game is supposed to win championships". And it is because Michael Jordan spoiled us. Do I want another Jordan? Yes, but in a different packaging- one that has assists as well- and that was supposed to be LeBron James. Because that's the hype I believed. But a 2nd round bow out? On a team stacked for him to win a championship? OU-CHA. I get it that Shaq is old, but he split time with another former all-star center and the team's energy player. You also somehow got another all-star. One that can shoot the corner shot and take the scoring load off LeBron in Antawn Jamison. When Kobe got a gift player- he at least reached the finals with him that year (lost to Boston- maybe Boston is just the better team?). I am the type of person who wants what is best for the NBA- and right now- that thing created points off turnovers for the wrong team and isn't playing basketball anymore. I hope he feels bad about himself. He had some weight on some shoulders, and when you are that high profile- you live up to that weight. It's called being great. I don't know who to blame- so I'll just blame the supporting cast. It's not LeBron's fault? It can never be... is he that good? Game 5, you can blame- and therefore we might blame him on this series? But Mo Williams is no Kevin Johnson and they don't have anyone close to Dan Majerle. Better back court? Sure. But by now we're just stacking the team and it's like the Yankees. And in sports- we hate the Yankees. That Phoenix Suns team had young guys too in Ceballos and Dumas- so basically I am saying the 92 93 Suns were a better designed Championship team because they came about naturally, and they lost naturally. The 2009-10 Cavs- built up around a stud, and lost around the stud. Do I ask who can play with LeBron when I very well know everyone can- maybe it is who can stand the pressure and win a championship with LeBron? Shaq can and didn't. That question has everything to do with free agency. He should just team up with Bosh and go to New York because at least it's trying something. And I need something from LeBron. Stay in Cleveland? With all that pressure there? Sure, your legacy is there (great players- one team (we don't count Washington for MJ)), but you are 2010- big money, friends with Jay-Z, CEO, you are a business, and you can do anything you want. And me- I am just opining. It has been less than 12 hours and I miss you already. Miss you playing basketball. I didn't want anyone else to win a championship this year. I thought the Magic were a better team anyway, but this is playoff LeBron who can win series just by being the best player in the game. Basketball is tougher than it looks. I already knew that. I just wanted to believe.

This Kevin Durant bandwagon has too many open seats anyway.

No comments: