May 17, 2010

Review: Babbling

I'm Sorry- I google image searched 'to babble' and this came up.





The negative connotations on babbling are that of ignorance and wet-from-after-birthed-ness (either way still has a lingering vaginal smell)(probably). To babble is to say a series of indiscreet sounds in a meaningless confusion. But meaningless can have meaning if the meaning is to mean nothing. The intelligent babble is something of an art form. If someone is reading this to you, and not looking at the spelling of the word babble, please note that this is not the 2006 film that launched 2 actresses into Oscar trivia noir. But a specific realized babble is like jazz music. Meaning it's improvised. That's really all the similarities. I guess they are both fun to hear when stoned. And I guess they both influenced Ska music. Babbling can have direction because misdirecting someone is still directing someone- its just a more selfish and prankish way, which shoul be totally acceptable by now. TV Shows such as MTV favorite 'New Jersey Beach Area' and 'The Area" were prolific in their approach of using real words to make babble a high rated TV phenomena. The evolution of Sportscenter has taken such a high brow approach to babbling that only the person reading what he is saying can truly understand what is going on. And clearly- I have stepped on a point here to address: when someone babbles, it is up to you- the listener- to understand and stay with the speaker. That understanding is a lasting bond, one that let's you know that 'Hey, I am as stupid as this person' and 'Wow. I can hear again.' Basically, babbling is a growing cultural trend, and I look forward to seeing it in Sex and the City 2, this blog, commencement speakers at Quinnipiac, safety rules and regulations on most cruise ships, anytime someone reads the Torah, and, the best example of the creative genius babbling can offer- Tracy Jordan, and the wonderful dialouge spouted out by Ned Flanders.

I think I established that I am about 70% on babbling's side.

No comments: