Mar 8, 2010

Review: Basing your movie on "Push" by Sapphire

Well it works don't it. I would like to see more people base their movies off of Push now. How about an asian boy version, or a Tulookizian Vuru from the planet Erazaa version? Yeah yeah, this band wagon has been jumped on and has been jumped off shortly after Oprah was there, but damn- way to make a cultural impact one named author with your one named book. I was watching Jerry Springer about a month ago, and the audience got out of hand, and in that ruckus they called the large set black woman on stage "Precious"... now there is the "you know you made it". And now, Independant Spirit Awards, which people love, and 2 high profile Oscar wins. Good on you. And one of those wins? Well it was for Original Queen of Comedy Mo'Nique. Host of Flavor of Love. Mo'Nique. Host of a plus sized beauty pageant on Oxygen that no one watched. Mo'Nique. Hosted Showtime at the Apollo. Mo'Nique. A woman who has 2 capital letters in here one name separated by a comma to stress the syllable Mo. And this isn't a Jennifer Hudson situation of right place, right time... and it's not even a Sandra Bullock situation of trying to please people who don't watch the Oscars. I don't know what situation this is. I don't even know how to make fun of the situation. I might even be happy for her. Why can't I tell what kind of emotion this has for me. Was it the forgone conclusion of the win? Perhaps. They also won best adapted screenplay, which I think is a million more times harder to win, but they had what it was based on in the title of the movie, so way to campaign for that. OK. I had to get that out. Good bye Precious jokes, you weren't that good.

No comments: