Aug 30, 2010

Review: Commenting on Comments


To less further complicate things in a manner that actually complicates things more, let's just use this blog as an example.

Sometimes, people comment on this blog. I, as the example blog's administrator, choose not to comment back. That does not mean in any way I am discouraging people from commenting. Not commenting usually means you have nothing to comment. I encourage not forcing yourself to comment. Comments are a natural feeling, a burst of energy that coincides with the emotional response you get from reading. Sometimes, a lot of times, you have nothing to say.

I have nothing to say back to comments. Usually. Even if I do, I feel it's best to keep it clean and dry and not pad my own comments stacks. Why? Lazy I guess. Why not? Not lazy enough I guess. When? Lazy Sunday. See- I just don't concentrate on the task at hand enough, and rather than have sticky situations where sarcasm and tone can't be read, I just don't comment.

Which makes this post the worst to comment on. First of all, it's begging for it. Second first of all, it says not to comment on it. And the other one- I would feel obliged to comment back if you commented on it. Or is this covering my basis for when no one comments? I am most decidedly in the business of not asking for comments, but know I don't get much anyway. Or is this just the natural extension of me thinking about when someone actually does comment on my blog? I'd like to think so, and writing things out is easier than keeping things in, but by now I feel like I am taking to long to write this. Now is this just a way of ending a blog post or am I just asking questions so you can make a natural comment on one instead of you trying to be clever and think of a comment? Did I just insult my audience? Am I still doing it? Yes I am. Why would I answer my own question knowing it is not in my best interest to answer it and then keep doing the same exact thing? Licks to the center of the tootsie pop, y'all.

2 comments:

Sara Harvey said...

Hi! (We should just have a conversation that has nothing to do with the post.)

Unknown said...

So Sara, how many puppies do you think you can hold at one time?