Feb 22, 2012

Alonze Gee

Former Wizard-Spur-Wizard and current Cav(alier), Alonzo Gee is/was/forever will be the NBA Developmental League's Rookie of the Year for 2009–10, a title I just learned existed. My new nickname for Alonzo Fee is now "Learned Existed".

He'll shed that nickname, since he's getting decent burn (big bucket last night against the Pistons) on a surprising Cav(aliers) team. He started the last 2 games, scoring 9 in each, and boards well for a wing player.

He's an improving player, with a wide body, and the undrafted chip on his shoulder. My least favorite aspect of Gee is that he wears number 33 (c'mon get creative here). My favorite thing about him is his last name is Gee. Pronounced as G. Not as in rhymes with Lee. If he keeps at it in the league (looks like) I'll start calling him Zoagie (rhymes with hoagie).




No comments: