Sep 27, 2010

Review: Youtube

I've always been in the camp of: you put it on the internet, you are fair game to make fun of. I still am in that camp in a never ending weekend retreat. Sometimes you find something that questions why you choose to be mean:



Fan-fucking-tastic. You got all the great makings here- you don't turn off the song in the background. Your cross is next to your Cleveland Show calender. You only show your head. Despite not being able to sing, you go for it. You let your eye brows and tongue do the work. You question yourself. Just, wow on you.

I watched more videos from his account BabaxOreilyx515x:

He's wheelchair bound. But thing is- I DON'T CARE. He's ridiculous. If anything I am encouraging him to keep doing something he clearly loves doing. It's like Timmy on South Park. Not to degrade this kid (his name is Jake) by comparing him to a TV character. The point is: I like watching this kid have fun. Sure he's bad at singing, but bad is defined word. I don't need your definitions man. Maybe it's mean I took humor from the fact that he is singing a song called, 'So Lonely'... I'm in too deep anyway. He uses his top window pane to showcase model cars. At the end of this video he congratulates himself and asks you to subscribe before saying 'more shitty singing to come'.

Why would I look past the fact Jake is in a wheelchair when Jake is in a wheelchair? Everyone knows he is and it's a part of who Jake is. If anything I am sorry for that I have to use Jake as an example of the way I feel about people. But he put a video on Youtube that amused me and he put many more others on there (92 and hopefully counting). He loves music, and wants people to know he loves music. Fine. I love watching him.

Instead of listening to a song I want to hear sometimes, I just type 'me singing' then that song on Youtube. That's how I found Jake... I typed in 'me singing Let it Be'. Out of the hundreds of videos available to me, and the 20 or so I watched- Jake connected to me. Why? His unabashed enthusiasm despite his shitty singing. Which he doesn't care, he likes doing it. He LET'S IT BE. That's why I called this review Youtube. Youtube is a big bold practical inflammatory mish-mash hob-nosed wine-goat killer bee sting encompassing scofflaw of a website. How you use Youtube kind of defines who you are. I don't think I can get that point across any more clearer than sharing these videos of Jake.

1 comment:

casey said...

either thats his favorite shirt, or does like 5 at a clip.