Sep 2, 2010

Review: Wild Goose Chase

http://ih2.redbubble.net/work.2616291.3.flat,550x550,075,f.wild-goose-chase.jpg

Shakespeare first used the term Wild Goose Chase in Romeo and Juliet, quoth Mercutio: "Nay, if thy wits run the wild-goose chase, I have done, for thou hast more of the wild-goose in one of thy wits than, I am sure, I have in my whole five." (CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST SHAKESPEARE REFERENCE DUMB REVIEWS!) Today. A wild goose chase refers to foolishly following something unattainable.

My friends, I have went on a wild goose chase recently. Let me tell you something about it: Soooooo Relaxing! I mean, I didn't catch any birds, nor came close, but man do geese take a scenic path. They're not that fast either. So I could take my time and really- just enjoy being outside in nature. There was a time when I feel like I could've captured one of the goose, but why bother? He himself was on a wild goose chase, the same wild goose chase as I, why would I want to interrupt such a leisurely activity.

I don't know what the hub bub is about Wild Goose Chases. Maybe it's due to the actually chasing part. Chasing implies a menacing motivation behind it. If you do like I, and simply say 'Here goosey goosey! Honk Honk goosey goosey!' while slightly bending forward and mimick something in your hand while not taking the whole 'chase' things so literally- then you'd be having a good time. "These are WILD geese, what if one gets rowdy?" Well they are still geese, you can still hit them pretty hard. It's not like they got a hard outer shell or anti-kick serum. They usually fly anyway, so you just have to follow them. And they make a lovely arrow V pattern always pointing in the way to go.

If you're still skeptically, ask a local woodsman to go on a Domesticated Goose Chase. Their wings are clipped, and their life is pretty much over. So that should get your confidence up. If you want something more dangerous than what I described, a Wild Swan Chase... yikes. That yikes refers to the metaphorical nature of all this, where in swans, being a symbol for beauty/vanity, are always the most dangerous life paths to follow. That last sentence huh?

No comments: